Saturday, October 18, 2008

Checking In

Hello!
The Penick household is just emerging from being sick most of the week. I came down with it first (after running a great Heifer 101 workshop in downtown Seattle). It came at a good time for me, as I was forced to take some time off while waiting for my broken laptop to be fixed & sent back from Little Rock tech support (who knew you were supposed to clean the things every week!? :)
Then Levi came down with my cold, worse than me & right when he was trying to finish 20+ reviews at work. We're both feeling better as we head into the weekend--Levi headed off to a card show this morning & I am sitting in the airport waiting to board my flight to Denver. It's going to be a long, intensive week with my 12 colleagues from around the U.S., but I do get a little time to see my cousin Meredith & hopefully go on a hike tomorrow.
I've been working a lot & am still trying to figure out those work/personal boundaries, with the realization that I knew the first couple years of this job were going to be pretty demanding. It's a scary time in the not-for-profit world & as we approach the holiday season (in which over 50% of our revenue comes in) we're all a little nervous about how things are going to pan out.
I hope everyone is well & enjoying this gorgeous fall weather!

No comments: