Monday, December 13, 2004

More pro-sport sellouts

Madden football now has a monopoly. I have been a big fan of madden in the past (the game not the commentator), but this year I switched to NFL 2k5. The game play was similar, graphics were better, and you couldn't beat the price ($20). Madden still had a better franchise mode but for 30 bucks I went with 2k5.

Next year however we won't have choice. EA bought the rights to NFL films, player names, and teams. So, lessen for everyone, if a competator develops a product you don't feel you can compete with at a price you don't want to sell at simply by the rights to be the sole distributor. I have a feeling madden will be more then 50 dollars next year. I for one will now take my 40 hours of life and spend it doing something else.

No comments: