Thursday, February 17, 2005

VW and after market

Never have I dealt with a car so difficult to work with on after market anything. I have heard horror stories of radios ruining electrical systems, but I figured adding a hitch how hard could that be? Well it turned out pretty damn hard.

First the pre drilled holes on the hitch were miss aligned. How hard is it really to locate a hole. Now Jetta's are known for nickel and diming. Take earlier this year for examply. I come home one day and my wifes bumber is hanging off. The bumper is held on by a PLASTIC clip! Today I need to take out a plastic tube in the back by the spare tire. Sure enough the plastic clips are used again however this time they are the world most resilent clips. It took forever to get the tube our and I had to ruin of the of clips. Anyway 1 and 45 minutes into my 20 minute project I finally finished. Lets hope it pays off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Levi:

VW is not alone. You oughta try aftermarket stuff for Volvos! On my Chevy truck, part of the OPERATIONAL electronics are in the radio. Fergit putting in an aftermarket sound system, that is, without the special $125.00 dollar chip!

PS: The blog is GREAT!!