Sunday, December 18, 2005

Saturday night

I attended a "book signing" last night by Johan Keri. While he did talk about his book "Mind Game" and it was interesting enough for me to buy a copy the majority of the evening was spent talking Mariner baseball. The evening was co-anchored by an individual named Jeff who is one of the contributors to ussmariner.com. A summary of the event can be found here. The just of it however was "what the _____ are the Mariners doing signing Everett and Washburn". It was of course backed up with stats an logic.

A little background on Keri. He is the CFO of Baseball Prospectus which is a highly regarded source for the evaluation of Baseball Statistics. Each year BP release a book for the upcoming year. Last year was the first year I purchased the book and I used it during the entire season. It covers everyone who played for the big league club the previous year as well as many of the top prospects. I was able to sit down in August pull out the book when I came across someone in a game I didn't know and get a little background on their minor league or major league past.

Keri also has another book coming out this spring called Baseball Between the Numbers. He was very excited about it and looking at the TOC it looks to cover extremely interesting topics for baseball fans.

No comments: