Sunday, February 05, 2006

A hollow feeling

The Superbowl leaves a hollow feeling this year. It was not fun to watch. Not because of the loss, but because of how the Hawks played. I have never believed officiating changes the outcome of games but it can offer significant challenges. This was a challenge that the Seahawks could not overcome. When combined with drops and poor special team plays (punting and 2 missed FG's) the Hawks could not rise to the top.

Since the Sonics are not good this year, however entertaining at times, it is time to move on to baseball.

10 days till pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, however, I do think the officials were on the Steeler's payroll!!

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Notice the colors they are wearing, black & white, 2 of the 3 colors of the Steelers... And if you consider the yellow flags.

Interesting......

I was hootin' and hollerin' the whole first half, then I realized the score.

Gabe.

K said...

Levi. Its Analog Giant ;) You have Analogiant...that game was a disaster. I feel like you do I think the Hawks screwed some things up by Stevens dropping three balls, the blown coverage of the Randel El pass and the ridiculous luck of that Roth bomb. But the refs really made some questionable calls. Who new tackling brought a 15 yard penalty these days??

Peen said...

Sorry K it has been fixed.

Herman said...

I'm glad there are some people who aren't blaming everything on the refs. I totally agree.