Friday, September 14, 2007

Update

Obviously I haven't been very motivated to post about our vacation, since I usually do so right after we return from adventures. Life has been a roller coaster. Just a few days after accepting the job offer with Heifer, my Grandpa Ed passed away. The mixed feelings of elation & sorrow, of alternating my thoughts & worry between my family & my career, & of looking forward to the future & then also re-living memories of the past, has been draining & at times almost confusing. Being in transition between my two jobs & attempting to come to grips with the major changes on my life's horizon all feels a bit surreal. I can't seem to even define or precisely lay my finger on the feelings of having lost both my Gowey grandparents, of walking out the door of Nordstrom on my last day, of finally being an employee of Heifer International & the changes this will bring to my life.

So, I leave you with that friends. I'm sure posts will follow later about our vacation trip, & about my Grandpa.

3 comments:

Kristen Gough said...

i love you, eliza, and can't wait to give you a great big hug tomorrow. i am blessed by your life, and feel encouraged by your honesty as you face the big transitions in your life right now. your heart is so alive and deep--and beautiful--as you make space for all of the emotions you feel about these significant events.

Carolyn said...

Transition can be hard at times and confusing..especially when you mix in the loss of a loved one..I never realized how long your involvement with Heifer has been and I know that your Grandparents would be so proud of you..Even though you are excited to leave Nordstrom, it's hard to leave what is comfortable...DJ went through that leaving Burger King...You are going to be such an asset to Heifer..they are lucky to finally have you on board..officially!!

Love you!!

Herman said...

((((hugs))))