Sunday, September 16, 2007

Weekend Events

Saturday was my good friend Kristen's baby shower brunch. It was great fun to have all these wonderful ladies together & to celebrate the upcoming arrival of the Gough baby.
The cinnamon rolls from Honeybear Bakery were a big hit.
I couldn't resist making little "G" flags for them.

Friends & mother.

Glowing Kristen opening presents.

The hosts, Aleah & me, with Kristen. We all can't wait to meet this baby!

The rest of the weekend was spent with all the Penick family in town for the Ohio State/UW football game. We visited, ate lots of food, & played with the kids.

Here's me, Levi & his sister Elyse with Grandma.

7 comments:

Kristen Gough said...

The shower was so much fun, Eliza! You and Aleah blessed me deeply with all of the thoughtful details you included to make it a special time! And those cinnamon rolls--delicious! :) Thank you so much for the joyful celebration!

Casey said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful time! :) I wish I could have been there...but I am sure we will all have a get together again soon.

Carolyn said...

I'll bet Levi was happy after the game...

Love you!!

Katie, Ryan, Sean, and Molly said...

You guys did such a great job with the shower - it was great! That picture of me on the other hand leaves something to be desired . . . Oh well. THanks for hosting and for gathering us to celebrate baby Gough!!!
-Katie

Aleah said...

I just enjoyed the last of those cinnamon rolls yesterday with some tea. Made my afternoon! Thanks for leaving some with us. ;)
It was fun putting on the shower together!

Eliza said...

Kristen: it was our pleasure to throw a shower for you--so fun to celebrate & welcome the soon-to-be family addition.

Casey: we missed you too (& your lovely baby belly)--we should definitely plan a fall Blogging Girls get together. You up for hosting at your new place? :)

Carolyn: all the Penicks were very happy about the outcome of the game. They were all strutting around in their bright red Ohio State shirts!

Katie: I'm so glad you had a good time at the shower--Aleah & I had fun planning & throwing it! Sorry about the photo--good thing we all know how gorgeous you are! :)

Aleah: Levi & I enjoyed our cinnamon rolls also--yum! I had a great time planning the shower with you & we should definitely have girl gatherings more often.

Mandy said...

Oh, I made the photo roll! You caught me red-handed with my all-time favorite cinnamon rolls (thanks for providing those, by the way, Eliza!) I'll confess I'm not really supposed to be eating things like that right now- but who can resist them?! They're amazing!