Thursday, February 21, 2008

Spring is coming...

You can feel it in the air & man does it feel good.
I think every year I am very ready for spring, but this year I feel even more impatient for blue skies, warmer weather, & the evidence of new life all around.
Maybe this year I am more impatient & excited for the new season because I feel as though it is ushering in a new year, perhaps even a new era, of change. I am hopeful for the election of a new president, hopeful for the American (& global) people to focus on our similarities rather than our differences, hopeful that our country will take the lead on such monumental issues as human rights & environmental sustainability, & hopeful for the growth of my small role in creating positive change.
And I am hopeful for much simpler things as well. For blooming flowers & local produce, for a new home & yard for Levi & me, for more time with those I treasure most, for bike rides and backpacking, & for learning new ways in which I can live more simply so that others can simply live.

4 comments:

Alan said...

A lot of deaths in the family since last summer, too. A lot of changes there.

Spring will be a reaffirmation that the cycles of life go on, even after we lose people special to us.

Nice lunch & walk with you today.

Lovies

Jenny said...

a new home? did I miss something?

Eliza said...

Yes, recent losses definitely have something to do with my eager anticipation of spring & the renewal of new life.

Jenny, you haven't missed anything--Levi & I hope to buy a house later this summer or fall (& sell our townhouse) & it's something I am getting ansy for!

Kristen Gough said...

eliza, i so appreciate your hopes expressed here. i feel similarly.

you have such a beautiful, hopeful heart! let's get together soon for that walk!

:) love, kristen