Monday, November 30, 2009

Reviving the Blog

This blog has been hibernating for nearly 6 months. Like most people we drifted off to Facebook. But I am ready to drift back. I have decided Facebook doesn't fill the roll of this blog. This blog is a living history. It is an electronic scrapbook. Facebook, for me, is a planning tool, but if used more then that it gives me a false sense of community.

So with that I plan on posting again. Sharing our life and documenting our adventures.

So what have we been doing over the last 6 months. Well quite alot. I will try to post about past adventures as well as future. However one thing to note is we have been eating some glorious food over the last 3 months. That was the time a Organic Butcher went in about a mile from work. I had forgotten how good meat can taste. I never knew how great fresh cut greens can taste. There truly is a difference.

Bill the Butcher


7 comments:

Alan said...

Hurrah!

:)

Eliza said...

I plan on adding to this revival as well! While we have adventures from the past 6 months to share, I'm really looking forward to using this space again to document my thoughts & actions, joys & struggles, & of course photos. Look for more from Emerald Life! :)

Jenny said...

glad to see you back, i was shocked when your name popped to the top of my blog list!

and an organic butcher? do tell...perhaps jeff will have to pick some meat up after work.

Peen said...

Bill is great. He is in a little shop that used to be a Barber shop. Smokes his own meat, makes his own sausage. So far we have had New Yorks, Pork Chops, Bacon (glorious bacon), Brats, Portuguese Sausage, Lanjager, Halebet, fresh greens, organic Chicken Breasts, and our free range 24 lb Thanksgiving Tom so far from his shop. The meat has all ranged from Good to Amazing.

Peen said...

The other part of the shop that is great is he buys everything local.

Jenny said...

where's the shop? i'm dying to know!! what's it called...i've been googling like crazy and can't find it!

Eliza said...

Bill the Butcher in Woodinville: http://www.billthebutcher.us/