Saturday, March 09, 2013

Promise of Spring

Feeling full & happy from a wonderful day with my family.
It started well with Blake quietly playing and then going down easily for an uninterrupted morning nap. Then we headed to my sister's (with sunglasses on!) for delicious swedish pancakes & beautiful, thoughtful birthday gifts. 
Blake took another nice nap & we wandered Boo's yard, planning & suggesting, dreaming of spring pots & summer veggies. It was so warm & bright that when Blake woke up, I nursed him outside in the sunshine.
I was determined to have a little outdoor outing that afternoon, which required a bit of patience as half of the city seemed to be at Discovery Park. With quiet street parking away from the chaos & a quick diaper change, we headed out to the trails in better spirits.
It was gorgeous & Blake was a happy boy.
Getting out in the sun provided a glimpse of outings & adventures to come (minus the allergies hopefully -- I was a bit of a mess by the time we got back to the car).
I am so in love with my little family & eager for more fun together.

No comments: