Friday, August 30, 2013

We're back!

The bags are unpacked, bikes & gear all back in the garage, & most of the laundry is done. We were gone for 11 days -- a week in Bend & 4 days on the shores of Lake Chelan. I just read an article about traveling with kids. "With little kids, you take trips, not vacations." While I totally understand that now, I think we did pretty well -- we each got in good mountain biking, time with friends, & even perhaps a little relaxing (after Blake was in bed). Of course, it only gets more chaotic from here, as the little man gets older.

This week back has been busy, catching up & my work steadily getting busier with the high season in this biz quickly approaching. Every week brings reoccurring realizations of how hard it is to work full time, raise a child, keep a household, & squeeze in time to maintain/nurture myself & my relationships. And I have a flexible work schedule & a wonderful grandma-nanny who comes to my house! Suffice to say, there are breakdown moments, & each one brings new respect & awe (& disbelief) for my friends, family & the millions of other women (& their families) who struggle every day to get everything done & still retain their sanity.

In the chaos, let's not forget to reach out & support one another. I am so incredibly thankful for the people in my life who support me with early morning runs & afternoon bike rides, coffee chats & dinner dates, babysitting & play dates, kitchen cleaning & garden maintenance, quick visits & bouldering sessions, & so many other ways.

And especially for my husband, who gets to live with me & my breakdowns, & constantly provides support & solutions, even when I think I don't want them.

No comments: