Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Mid Summer Classic

Time for the All-star game. The only all-star game worth watching in my opinion. Not because of the stupid home field advantage, but because the players actually care. The play offense and Defense unlike hockey, baseketball, and the incredible boring football all-star games.

On of the main topics of this years game is the World Baseball Classic that will be introduced this Spring. I have been a huge fan of this idea for about 10 years now. Ever since I first started watching World Cup Soccer and all the passion the fans have for their sport and country. I knew baseball should have the same type of tourneyment.

The "Classic" is a tourneyment featuring 16 countries for the title of best baseball country in the world. I say the DR is the inside favorite. However not everyone is a fan of the idea. Mr. Shelfield, the guy who had no idea "the cream" and "the clear" were steriods they were just something his good friend Barry gave to him, says that he isn't playing if he isn't getting paid. Now that is a great attitude. The guy makes 10 plus million a year, but can't bring himself to represent his country in a baseball tourneyment without getting paid.

Good Shef the US doesn't need you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The winner getting home field advantage for the Series is still better than the every other year procedure that was used for 50+ years. They have always said you couldn't use best season record since they don't play the same teams.

Peen said...

I will buy that arguement. How about his though. Interleague records. AL vs NL

Snipaw said...

I love this international falvor in baseball but why are they getting rid of it in the Olympics?

Peen said...

Because MLB refused to send the best players. The olympics is about the best in the world. Soccer, Basketball, Track and Field all send the very best. Baseball however was represented by a bunch of AAA all-stars and the Cubans. It was sad however to see them discontinue Softball.

I lost interest in the olympics years ago. Mainly because of NBC's horrible coverage. CBN does a good job but it is too late for me I lost interest.

Christopher Trottier said...

Come one, it could be worse. Baseball players could be cyborgs.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.