Saturday, January 06, 2007

A view from the South End Zone 300 level


3 and 7 from the 8. 1:12 left

My buddie and I are debating how this game is going to end. We see the first down is made. He is arguing that we let them score on the next play while I am arguing that the Cowboys are just going to take a knee and run the clock down to :01 second.

The ref then announces the play is going to be challenged. My buddie and I both know calls like this (read any involving the Hawks) never get reversed so we continue our debate.

The call is reversed!

The entire section (standium?) breaks into "Block that Kick!" chants. From where we are we can't quite tell what happened but we see Romo break from the pack and all our hopes ride on #27 running around the corner. When #27 finally catches Romo everyone jumps, hugs, cheers, hugs, high fives, and hugs.

These same reactions were repeated after the Alexander run and at the end of the game.

As we walk from our seats everyone in the halls his high fiving each other. As we walk down the ramps Seahawks! Seahawks! chants constantly break out and everyone is best friends!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I can only imagine how wild it must have been there..it was wild here in Shelton..we had a scare though..the power went out around 4:15..It came back on late in the first quarter!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the on-scene recap... I can't imagine the craziness that must have ensued. I trust you celebrated in proper style with plenty o' brew!

-Eric