Thursday, February 08, 2007

Happy Birthday, Alan!

Today is a special day,
So sing a song,
Do a dance,
Woof Woof!

57 years ago today,
my Alan was born.
Fun memories to share:
Dancing in the kitchen
Comic & hobby shop hopping
As a little girl I often had to run to keep up with his long stride & by the time I was a teenager I lengthened my stride as much as possible when walking with him--a long stride I still have to this day & a big help when I ran track as a hurdler!
walking train tracks
Singing (Brush, brush, brush your hair...)
Throwing things (koosh balls, little apples, bean bags)
All my childhood nightmares diminished after two events: Alan telling me to fall asleep picturing myself in my grandparents big grass field throwing a colorful beach ball into the air, & my mother telling me that Alan would chase away any bad guys roaring (no one can roar like him)
Falling asleep against his broad chest on the couch
The two of us doing tai chi movements to calm ourselves down right before walking down the aisle at my wedding

Today is a special day,
So sing a song,
Do a dance,
Woof Woof!

2 comments:

Alan said...

:)

Herman said...

:)

awww... sweet stuff