Sunday, February 18, 2007

Blogger Girls' Valentine Brunch

The Blogger Girls consist of almost a dozen of us who are all connected through one wonderful woman, Kristen, & we enjoy reading & commenting on one another's blogs. Aleah, Amy, Bree, Casey, Jenny, Katie, Kristen, Mandy, & Rebekah are all incredible ladies full of fun & talent & it was a special treat to have them over to my house for a little gathering (we missed you Katie & Jenny!). Unfortunately, I only got one or two good photos of the gals themselves, but here is a glimpse of our Valentine brunch.
Rebekah brought a special treat--her son, Simon!
Kristen is such a great friend to all of us & we are so excited that she & Kyle will welcome their first little one this fall.
Can you find the lovely Bree through the tulips?
Happy late Valentine's Day & early spring, my friends!
Thanks to the blogging gals for visiting my home this weekend--your laughter, your chatter, your food, babies, cards, & little gifts continue to bless me.
Below is the poem I meant to include inside their Valentine's. When I came across it, it seemed to fit perfectly with our brunch & with my feelings this time of year:

Must, bid the Morn awake!
Sad Winter now declines,
Each bird doth choose a mate;
This day's Saint Valentine's.
For that good bishop's sake
Get up and let us see
What beauty it shall be
That Fortune us assigns.

-Michael Drayton

10 comments:

Casey said...

Thanks SO much Eliza for hosting such a wonderful brunch. It was so sweet and thoughtful of you to not only have such a beautiful party, but to give us all such cute gifts! :) I had a wonderful time.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Kristen Gough said...

dear eliza, you are such a beautiful friend. your warm and generous hospitality is an inspiration to me. your home looked wonderfully festive (as I knew it would!), and i believe it was the perfect spot for all of us to gather together for the first time! i think you overwhelmed all of us with your thoughtful, fun gifts. thank you so much for the flowers, the socks, the sweet birdie valentines...and also for my little coin purse. you are a blessing and a joy.

i realized when i got home that i left my powder sugar shaker at your house with my syrup. you can keep the syrup if you'll use it! if you're in the neighborhood, perhaps you can leave the shaker on my front porch? if not, i'll get it from you the next time we see each other.

i love you! thanks again for hosting such a lovely brunch.

Eliza said...

Kris--I'm hoping to make it to Keystone this week for Ash Wednesday service. I'll bring the sugar shaker with me & drop it off before church.

Also, someone left a blue-lidded tupperware full of yummy scones in my kitchen. While I can't promise that you'll get any scones back, I would like to return the tupperware to its owner. :)

Kristen Gough said...

the tupperware must be casey's...feel free to drop that off here, too, and i can get it to casey! thanks, eliza!

Aleah said...

The way you decorated, all the food that came together was WONDERFUL! It was nice to get together with everyone without typing. ; ) Thanks for hosting Eliza!
OH by the way I forgot to have you change the date, do I have your permission to do it?!

Mandy said...

Thank you so much for hosting us, Eliza! You are so generous & creative - your house looked so adorable decorated for V-day!
Thanks again - it was fun to see everyone in person :)
-Mandy

Eliza said...

Thanks, gals--it was a fun morning!
Aleah, go ahead & change the date. Sorry I forgot about it & just let me know if for some reason it doesn't work.

Anonymous said...

i felt so lucky to be included in such a fun morning! thank you eliza for opening your home and providing the space for us to all visit and enjoy one another's company. it was the perfect way to spend a saturday!

Bree said...

Thanks again for hosting such a lovely brunch. And thank you for the thoughtful valentine and socks. It was so great to connect face to face with all of these wonderful women. We will have to do it again sometime.

Jack said...

Why wasn't I invited?
Rude.