Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wonderful Day!

I headed to work with a skip in my step, not only because the sun was out, but also because I would soon be walking back out the door of my office. I scheduled both my doctors' appointments on the same afternoon & while that certainly doesn't sound very exciting, I was happy with the fact that I was leaving work at noon & my first appointment wasn't until 2:15pm. So, off I headed in the bright sunlight to Discovery Park--the lawn in front of the Daybreak Star Center. This has always been a favorite spot of mine, more so now because we were married on it! With the sun warm on my neck, & the birds & floatplanes humming overhead, I relaxed & wrote & thought. As I sat there, I could hardly think of any other place that I'd rather be right then.

I reluctantly left the park & headed to my optomotrist appointment. I was very happy to discover that not only has my genetic eye condition not gotten any worse, it is actually a little better! After making a comment to my doctor about the difficulty of always needing hard lenses to see (one of the aspects of my eye condition) he asked me the last time I had tried glasses. I stopped wearing them because contacts are the only thing that fully corrects my vision & I have always thought that glasses would not do enough. He showed me what I would see with just glasses & I was amazed! It's good enough that I can even drive, much less read & watch movies. So, I got the thrill of picking out new frames--they are so cute! I'll be sure to post a photo when I get them next week.

I left there, took a nice little tour of Ravenna Gardens on Queen Anne & had a little walk near Greenlake before my next doctor appointment (ok, so the whole day wasn't completely lovely, as this was my annual--but, good to hear my doctor say that I am in excellent health).
After that, I headed to Ballard for a little visit with Alan & the kitties.

I got home & Levi & I headed out for our second round of car shopping--our VW wagon has had lots of little problems & we need something with more ground clearance & AWD for our outdoor adventures. Look what we got!!
Not the greatest photo, but it's the best I could do, as we got home from the dealership around 10pm. I am so happy! It's a 2003 Subaru Outback--and we got such a deal!

Thanks for letting me share all my good-day-giddiness with you, friends.
So much to be thankful for!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Yay! Sounds like such an eventful day, Eliza! What a great car! I've LOVED having a Subaru stationwagon & I'm sure you'll love it too!

Kristen Gough said...

sounds like a perfect way to spend the afternoon before your appointments! and good news about your eyes...I can't wait to see your new glasses.

(thanks so much for dropping off the stuff from the brunch yesterday.)

i am thrilled for you guys...your new car looks awesome! we're going to be car-hunting ourselves here pretty soon.

have a great thursday, eliza! thanks for sharing your giddiness and good news with us! i love it!

Bree said...

Sounds like an enjoyable afternoon. If only it were a little warmer.

And congrats on the new car. That is very fun and exciting. I really need to do that too.

Carolyn said...

Cool Beans, Liza Jane!!!!

Casey said...

It sounds like everyone had a wonderful day yesterday! :) Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog Eliza.

I love your new car! Especially the color. Does it have that wonderful clean car smell? That's my favorite.

Jack said...

Nice. Welcome to the fold fellow Subi-owner! I think you'll be pleased with your new ride.