Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Flying high

The interview is over...the waiting begins.
As many of you know, I had an interview today for the Seattle-based position with Heifer International, the non-profit I have volunteered for my whole life. My tummy is glad it is over--while many people told me I have nothing to be nervous about, I don't think that I've wanted anything as badly as I want this job & that right there made my tummy a bundle of nerves.
After my flight out last night was canceled, I finally made it into Sacramento around 11pm & was able to relax & enjoy the hotel pool this morning before my afternoon interview.
Thank you to everyone who was praying & sending me positive thoughts today. It helped--the interview went well & I feel really good about everything. I will know their decision within two weeks. The views on my flight out today were gorgeous & I had a nice, relaxing, introspective flight home.
Crater Lake.
Columbia River.
Rainier.
Clouds to welcome me home.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to go Eliza, I think your hard work and dedication will pay off!
Aaron

Kristen Gough said...

i am so happy to hear that you feel good about how things went! you have been on my mind all week, and i have been praying for you. i'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip and the interview in person. i am so proud of you!!

Anonymous said...

wow that is so exciting Eliza I will keep you in my prayers and know that God is totally in this decision! But lets be honest you really are perfect for the job so I also believe your work will payoff:)!!

Casey said...

wow! I'll be thinking of you during this time...I really hope you get the job too. Sounds like it was meant to be! how very exciting...keep us posted!

Jenny said...

Does this mean you will be leaving the Pacific Northwest?

Carolyn said...

You are AWESOME!! Congratulations...we are so proud of you!!

Mandy said...

I'm glad that it went well, Eliza! That's so exciting! You'll have to tell us the news when you hear it!
Rebekah's right- you are perfect for that position!

Bree said...

This is very exciting that you had an interview with Heifer. I feel like as long as I have known you, you have talked about wanting to be able to work for Heifer, not just volunteer. I am sure you made a great impression. I hope you get the answer that you hope for. You deserve it!

Herman said...

:) You have to get this job. it's perfect for you and your pefect for it

Eliza said...

Thank you to all! I'll let you know when I know for sure!