Thursday, December 20, 2007

Heifer Records

It's been an interesting & tough morning. An aspect of my job I had not anticipated was the responsibility of changing the records for my grandparents who have passed away. Heifer has a huge database that keeps track of records for all donors. My aunt pointed out to me that G-maw & G-paw have been receiving duplicate Heifer mailings. So, I combined the duplicate records & as we just made G-maw new return address labels with only her name, I also changed the Heifer mailing title to simply, "Mrs. Mary Winston." No more Bruce Winston. This caused me to look up the record for Mr. & Mrs. Edward A. Gowey--technically a record I should delete from the database, but I can't yet. It's touching to look back & see that their last gift was to support my Heifer bike ride to Portland, the summer before Grandma died.
Who knew the Heifer donor database would make me cry?

1 comment:

Herman said...

((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))

give yourself time