Monday, March 10, 2008

Random 7 on my birthday

I've been tagged by a friend to share 7 random facts about me. I got into a photo project last night & decided to intersperse the random facts with random photos throughout my life--be warned, I may have had a little too much fun with the photos! I had a wonderful birthday weekend with biking on Friday, a lovely breakfast gathering with my family on Saturday, & a long road ride on Sunday with a good friend. Today I turn 28. It's been an exciting & blessed journey & I look forward to sharing my 29th year of life with all of you!

1. Random childhood facts:
-when Momma was pregnant with me, my nickname was "Tad"
-I had scarlet fever in second grade
-I used to try to sleep with my nose pressed down into my pillow, because I thought it turned up too much at the end
-I wanted to be an astronaut

(~ 4th grade)

2. I have broken four bones in my life, all doing stupid things:
-I fell off the top of a swing set when I was 4 & broke my wrist
-I swung off a pole when I was 10 & broke my arm (the day before 5th grade camp)
-I did an illegal stunt with a friend at cheer camp when I was 16 & broke my elbow
-I stepped wrong chasing my cousin down stairs when I was 24 & broke my foot
No more!

(Halloween, 5th grade--I was a punk rocker)
(7th grade Adventure Girl Cooks Soup)
(8th grade)

3. I really like bugs, of all kinds, & have for most of my life.

(Freshman in high school)
(first formal with Jess--sophomore)
(this was almost my senior photo)

4. I really don't like the word "moist"--saying it or hearing it grosses me out.

(early college)

5. When Levi & I first got to know one another, he lived in Bellingham & I lived in Seattle. We initially decided not to start dating, as we did not want a long distance relationship. That decision didn't last long!

(mid college)
(at my college graduation with grandparents now gone)

6. I'm very particular about the way Levi smells. If he switches soap or shampoo, or even deodorant, I notice immediately & bug him until he switches back.

(right before our wedding)
(wedding!)

7. I got a new road bike for my birthday! It's a Look 555, an all carbon that weighs less than 17 lbs! It fits me perfectly & I feel like I can fly! With this addition, for a short period of time my personal bike collection was up to 4. But Levi sized down my Trek for my sister--welcome to the party, Boo! Now I just need to sell my other mountain bike--anybody want a full suspension Fuji Outland Comp? :)


I won't tag anyone for the Random 7, but I'd love to see answers from Carolyn, Chris & Alan. :)

7 comments:

Casey said...

Happy Birthday!

This is such a wonderful post...I just loved seeing all the old photos and hearing bits and pieces about you.

I hope you enjoy your special day!

PS. I had to laugh because 2 of my friends also hate the word moist. I think it's really common!

Carolyn said...

Oh you are so fun!!! Happy Birthday you wonderful girl!!! I love the pics..the one I like best is the one you also posted on your MySpace. That's how you looked when you entered my life..

I'm not sure why you hate the word moist. Think of it in terms of a really good spice cake! Moist is much better than dry! :)

Love you kiddo,
Your Step Mean Mother

Herman said...

:)

Happy birthday to yooooooooooooou
Happy birthday to yooooooooooooou
Happy birthday dear Eliza
Happy birthday to yooooooooou!

(I'll come back to this when I have more words)

Eliza said...

Casey: thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it--I had fun doing it.

Carolyn: you may have changed my mind a little about the word. :)

Chris: those words are great!
Mott mott!

Kristen Gough said...

this absolutely made my day. i love you, eliza! it's so fun for me to look through all these great photos, and remember you at those stages of life! you are such a beautiful gal, with such a vibrant life! Happy, happy birthday to you, dear friend!!

Carolyn said...

I'm thinking if you can really fly on your new bike, you'd better be very careful. Don't you have a reputation of flying over the handlebars??? :)

Herman said...

7 Random facts about me

I once sat on Santa's lap while naked (I was 4 I think)

I once played soccer with the Seattle Sounders. It was at a jog-a-thon and they played soccer with the kids and I was silly enough to take the whole thing seriously and one of the Sounders tied my braids together

Growing up we had a series of hamsters. They were all named Snoopy.

I have tasted the "spittle" from spit bugs. I don't recommend it.

I think human feet are ugly

One time while hiking at Mt Rainier, in my younger and dumber days, I fed squirrels M&Ms. Big mistake! Squirrels really really like M&Ms. Squirrels get very hyped on M&Ms. Squirrels can then jump straight from the ground and land on my shoulder demanding more M&MS. My friend and I did not actually run for the squirrels... it was a fast trot.

I thoroughly enjoy the word moist