Saturday, May 17, 2008

Fun in the Heat

I have been loving the sun & heat of the past couple days. I was out of town during May's 10 on 10 photo challenge & completely forgot about it (though I enjoyed seeing everyone else's), so here is a glimpse from our recent days:
  • Levi & our friend Chris have gotten back into their baseball cards, sorting & trading & buying new packs. (notice Calvin in the background keeping cool on the hearth stones)
  • While buying new baseball cards, Chris introduced me to Pirate trading cards, from which you punch out pieces & build ships--I have been having way too much fun with them! They look especially nice as props in the board game Settlers of Catan that we stayed up last night until 1am playing with Chris & Boo & Bet.
  • It was lovely this evening to relax on the back deck with a margarita & a magazine (I had a nice cooling bike ride to the store to get the tequila & mix). Notice the bare pots in front of me? They have the beginning sprouts of the freeschia & renunculous I planted!
And the local pair of Mallords visiting our yard.
I hope everyone is enjoying this gorgeous weather!

2 comments:

Kristen Gough said...

hi eliza! i love this shot of you enjoying the warm weather on your deck with a book and a cold drink! sounds about perfect after a bike ride. :)

Herman said...

The little boats are fun!