Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mountain Biking Mishap

Since Levi blogged about my mountain biking mishap here (including post-accident photos here), I figure three years later I get to return the favor.
Out with our friend Chris at St. Ed's tonight, not even five minutes into the ride, Levi decides he wants to hit the jump. Coming down from the jump he buried his front tire & went ass over handlebars, landing squarely on his left shoulder. I was climbing the hill & did not actually witness the crash, but heard it & the soon to follow groaning. I quickly clipped out, dumped my bike & ran down the hill, heart beating madly with visions of bones sticking out. Fortunately he was all in one piece, but hurting from shoulder to shoulder.
Some vitamin I, beer & ice later...
I'll be sure to post more photos if bruises start appearing.
Now we're even (as long as he doesn't start blogging about my road bike mishaps).

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I know some great chiropractors!