Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Grandpa John

At the end of our first full day at the Heifer U program, I got word that my Grandpa John had passed away. It was difficult to be so far from my family, but everyone was comforting & embracing. Grandpa always called us "angel" & I'm so glad he got to see many of his angels before his peaceful passing--his wife, his two daughters, his granddaughter Emily & great-granddaughter Tillie (& of course Marty, his little dog). I'm looking forward to being with family on Saturday & celebrating Grandpa's life.
I love this photo of Grandpa & Grandma from our wedding.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I am looking forward (and not) to Saturday..please pray that I can figure the slide show thing out...

Love you Liza Beans!!

Herman said...

What a year you've had. I hope you can find a balance of memories and the inevitable sadness and looking forward, while enjoying time with friends and family