Thursday, June 09, 2005

School news

Eliza here:
I finally got my letter from UW about the Masters in Teaching program.
I will not be going back to school next year. I was not accepted into the program. The letter stated that due to the high volume of applicants they were unable to accept everyone who met all the requirements.
I am able to defer my application until next year & can apply again using everything from this year & I would automatically start in at the interview process. I'll be doing that, just to keep my options open.

I was a little upset & disapointed, but I think most of that has to do with the fact that I simply was not accepted. Makes me a little peeved & unsure of myself--I rode 8 miles on the Burke-Gilman trail last night to rid myself of any aggression. :)

After sleeping on it, I am mostly just relieved to finally know & stop waiting! I feel like I can move on now & start planning (& Levi can too) & I am excited. I have approached applying with the mindset that if I did not get accepted then it was not meant to be & there is something better for me down the road. I am excited to move on & find what God has in store for me!

Thanks for all the support & encouragement while I was preparing & applying to this program--especially to Levi, who put up with me through it all. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eliza,
Sorry about school. Have fun this weekend camping.
L