Monday, January 22, 2007

Five Senses Week

My friend Bree is posting her favorites of the five senses--one for each day this week. It's always fun to post new things & learn more about your friends & since Bree is encouraging all of us bloggers to participate, here is Monday's, Favorite Smell...

I love the smell of a newly struck match--it tingles the nostrils a little & makes me think numerous happy thoughts that include fire, memories from both childhood & now: candles, backpacking, Christmas, our fireplace at home.


It's a nostalgic scent, a comfort smell. It burns bright & quick, then lingers as it fades, promising more adventures & memories yet to come.

3 comments:

Bree said...

Good choice, Eliza! I look forward to hearing about your other favorites.

Aleah said...

Your right it does send dome sort of tingle up your nose! Great memories - I played with fire a lot in Jr. High/ highschool, melting crayons and other stuff! ; )

Jack said...

Coincidentally, I just posted something to do with smells on my new blog...
http://coffeeandotherhabits.blogspot.com/