Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Snow Day

It was a lovely day--spent just for me, with beautiful snow outside!
I took a nap in the morning & woke up to large snowflakes pouring down. Went for a walk & visited a Heifer volunteer who lives nearby. Cleaned & organized areas of the house, did laundry, & had some fun playing with Valentine/Winter displays. I had hoped to spend some time in my craft room designing Valentines, but maybe tomorrow evening. I made a yummy dinner, watched a TV show, worked out in the living room, played & cuddled with the kitties, & soon I will be headed to bed.
Just what I needed.
Here's a glimpse:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the adorable red houses in yout valentines display? Did you make them? It sounds like you had such a wonerful, restful day home and your place looks so cute all dressed up for for the holiday! Happy card making!

Eliza said...

Thank you, Rebekah.
My wonderful, talented Mama made the cute little red houses. Over the years my mother has made many different things, often out of wood, & now that I am an adult & love & appreciate all of them, I am eagerly collecting whatever I can get my hands on from the things she made during my childhood. What's especially fun is that early on she got into the habit of writing her name & the year on the bottom of each piece. So, I know without guessing, that these little houses were made in 1984, when I was four years old. :)

Carolyn said...

Thank you for my birthday card! I know it's an Eliza Jane original!! If it doesn't freeze again tomorrow, we're going to the Outback in Olympia for dinner..You know what David and Emily's gift to me is??? They're each paying for their own dinner..tee hee!!! Tillie's first tooth has broken through..I'm kind of sad though..she's growing too fast!
Love you!!

Mandy said...

Sounds like you had fun on your snow day! Don't you love those unexpexted opportunities for a little rest & relaxation?!
-Mandy

Kristen Gough said...

way to take full advantage of your snow day...it sounds perfect! i love your valentine's day displays. they remind me of your house growing up, and your mom's displays. so simple and beautiful. very sweet. i always love seeing pictures of your home! thanks for sharing, eliza!